They Believe and Support us
Executive Advisor for Xompass
Accomplished Senior Executive with 25 years of global leadership, strategy, marketing, and operations experience within the wireless and wireline communications equipment market for service provider, enterprise and industrial applications. Proven track record of achieving strong growth and high margins through development of multi-million dollar product lines, strategic growth initiatives, acquisitions, alliances and global sales development activities in mid-sized businesses – $20M to $350M, and start-ups. Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with strategic customers and suppliers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Successfully positioned 3 small/mid-size companies for sale, and currently working to drive the international expansion for a venture funded company.
- Proven successes in establishing shared vision throughout organizations, establishing business strategy and development processes to foster engagement, and aligning functional groups to collective organizational goals.
- Directed Marketing, Engineering, Operations and Finance staff in US, Canada, Australia and China, as well as Sales staff globally.
- Serve as Board Advisor for early stage companies and provide consulting for strategic advisory (McKinsey) and venture investment firms.
- Board of Directors for Wireless Industrial Networking Alliance (WINA) and Chairman for 4 years.
- Founding member of IP for Smart Objects (IPSO) Alliance.
- Executed successful and high-profile turnaround of failing wireless acquisitions.
- Reversed customer attrition and aggressively won over new customers from entrenched market leaders.
- Developed strategy to drive convergence of disparate technology efforts, consolidate product development, and focus resources on cornering emerging wireless sensor networking markets.
- Drove US and international expansion efforts; developed all facets of corporate strategy, go-to-market planning, product development initiatives.
Sales/Business Development and Microgrid SaaS Advisor
Since ’99 landing & expanding innovative technologies and capitalizing untapped revenue streams by precisely leveraging sales, engineering, and business development skills. Focus on growing seed to Fortune 500 technologies through the “early adopter phase”, providing fast, high ROI in the process (~10X+). Market leader in OT automation and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)/Industry 4.0, including micro/smart grid, SaaS, wireless, sensors, process control, safety, Energy, Utilities, Biotech, and Renewables markets. Domain experience in operations, R&D, IP, engineering, applications, and M&A.
Dr. J. Patrick Kennedy
Innovation Advisor for Xompass
Dr. Pat Kennedy is the innovation advisor of OSIsoft. Under Dr. Kennedy’s visionary leadership, the company has grown from a small startup in 1980 to a highly profitable global software corporation. In the early days, Dr. Kennedy’s role included everything from sales to consulting. As the company matured, the role evolved into one of finding the right people to manage and direct the ever-growing company.
Prior to founding the company, Dr. Kennedy worked as a research engineer for Shell Development Company and as an applications consultant for Taylor Instrument Company.
Dr. Kennedy holds a B.S. and a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Kansas. A registered professional engineer in control systems engineering, he holds a patent on a catalytic reformer control system. He co-authored a chapter of the book “Planning, Scheduling and Control Integration in the Process Industries,” C. Edward Bodington, ed. (McGraw-Hill Co., 1995), and is the author of numerous papers. Dr. Kennedy has many awards including the prestigious Silicon Valley Engineering Council Hall of Fame.